- Removing Makeup: When removing your makeup, avoid using wipes, especially, if you wear makeup everyday. Wipes are downright expensive and are wasteful too. There are several other options you can try, such as Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, Vaseline, or Johnson and Johnson’s No Tears baby shampoo. These options are cost-efficient, effective, and gentle on your skin. Also there is much more product in a bottle versus a wipe, and won’t have to go back to the store often to restock. photo credit: John Sommer
- Dupes: If you are trying to find less pricey makeup, start looking for dupes. Trust me, this is a secret nobody likes to share! There are several products on the market that are identical to one another, except for the packaging. Dupes are a great way to save money while looking great! Check out the Krazy Coupon Lady for ways to find dupes. One Good Thing lists the best dupes you can find at a drugstore. photo credit: unsplash.com
- Beauty School: If you want a less costly place to get a manicure or your hair done, find a beauty school near to your home. They offer several services at heavily discounted rates. While you may feel nervous about a student working on you, don’t worry! Check out these blogs for client experiences at a beauty school: Byrdie and The Frugal Girl. Both these blogs share different experiences, but overall the client received a decent hair cut and saved a great deal of money. Since the beauty school students aren’t professionals, there may be a downside, but do note that your haircut is evaluated by a teacher before you leave. photo credit: unsplash.com
- Recycle: Not only is recycling good for the planet, but also for your wallets. Several companies encourage you to recycle their products by rewarding you with discounts or sometimes a free product. With Lush, if you bring back 5 empty bottles you will receive a free face mask. Fashionista lists several more brands that take empty bottles and reward you. If you have products besides makeup that you would like to recycle, check out Good On You.photo credit: Earth 911
- Hacks: When buying beauty products, sometimes all you are paying for is the brand name and the packaging. Try searching up hacks for products, such as using coffee filters rather than oil blotting papers, or aluminum foil as a face mask. Hacks make saving money easy, and fortunately there are so many ideas online that are worth a try. Find some awesome do-it-yourself beauty hacks on Lifehack and DIY Joy.photo credit: shutterstock.com
Hello everyone! Remember the saying, “You look like a million bucks?” Many of us invest a substantial amount of money in our make-up and beauty products to look good and feel great. Truth be told, you don’t need to make a dent in your bank account to look like a million bucks, especially in these challenging times. We believe in affordable fashion and know how to get the best in beauty for less! Check out these top 5 wallet-friendly beauty tips and products that’ll make you dazzle and shine!