- Grow a mini garden and enjoy nature. Now that you have a little extra time on your hands, this is the perfect time to start your own herb or flower garden. Growing cilantro, basil, and mint is an easy-to-do hobby and the great thing is that these herbs can be grown now and then eaten later. To get started on your mini garden, you can pick up a pot or a window box that you can set on your porch or deck. Fill it with your potting soil and herbs and remember to water!
- Have some classic fun with a family game night. Family game night is perfect for everyone in the family. All you need is a few fun games that can be played with all ages. You can either play simple, old-fashioned games or purchase a new game. Some classic games that the family will love are Charades, Spoons, Go Fish, or Hang man. Also, some newer and more popular board and card games you can purchase are Headbandz, The Game of Life, Cranium, and Watch Ya’ Mouth.
- Get in the kitchen and bake for your family and your neighbors. It is always fun to dabble in the kitchen and cook something new, and baking is the perfect activity to try together as a family. Everyone loves a sweet treat, so surprising your neighbor is a perfect way to make someone’s day! Just make sure to wear a mask while baking for a friend or neighbor. You can make a delicious classic brownie, banana bread, vegan chocolate cake, or blueberry scones. Bon appetit!
- Gather the family and host a lemonade stand. If you and your kids need to get out of the house, a lemonade stand in your driveway is the perfect idea. Find a yummy lemonade recipe and make it with the family. You can wear gloves and masks when making and selling your lemonade to ensure everyone is safe. Consider turning this into a good cause and donating the money from the sale, to a charity helping in the pandemic.
- Get creative and have a family painting party. A painting party is a perfect way to get the whole family involved and to get the creative juices flowing. All you need is some paper or canvases, paint, and brushes. You can make a quick stop to Michael’s or Hobby Lobby to get all the supplies you need or order online and get it shipped to your door. Need inspiration on what to paint? Check out Pinterest for an endless list of creative ideas!
Hello Everyone! Summer 2020 is going to be a little different from past summers because of the current situation. School’s out and if you are looking for fresh and fun activities that the whole family can enjoy while social distancing, you have come to the right place! There are plenty of enjoyable and creative activities that will cure the family’s boredom this summer and help you make the most out of this time. Here are 5 ideas that will make this a memorable summer for all.