The MTV Video Music Awards were held last night in Inglewood, California. Most celebrities and attendees brought their fashion A-game, but some fell short. We saw some risqué numbers, a few conservative pieces, and some off-the-wall looks. Take a peek at what looks we loved and ones we could have done without.
Best dressed of the night…
1. Beyonce – Bow down everyone, Queen B is coming through! Always looking fabulous in whatever she wears, Beyoncé looked especially glamorous in a black cutout Nicolas Jebran gown last night.
2. Julianne Hough – She wore an Emilio Pucci gown and upped her game as she now has to represent as a judge of the show.
3. Ashley Rickards – Looking anything but awkward on the red carpet last night, Ashley Rickards from MTV’s Awkward rocked a flattering number by Stella + Jamie.
4. Nina – Dobrev – We loved her subtly sexy Zuhair Murad gown. The colored lipstick and simple up-do were just the cherry on top of an amazing red carpet look!
5. Rita Ora – Looking fierce in a red-hot Donna Karen Atelier gown, Rita Ora made scandalous look elegant for the night. We think she did a fine job of pulling off the extreme side slit trend, props Rita!
Worst dressed of the night…
1. Charli XCX – There’s no doubt that Charli XCX beats to the sound of her own drum, but we’re not too keen on her Moschino by Jeremy Scott tiger-print jumpsuit she sported last night. But hey, great Vivienne Westwood clutch, Charli!
2. Katy Perry – Just one question Katy Perry: Why? We get this ensemble was worn all in good fun, but why bring back the infamous matching denim outfits worn by Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake at the 2001 VMAs? Don’t even get us started on the choker…
3. Lorde – We get it Lorde, you like black. But this is the VMAs. Dress up a little bit and change it up. You are one beautiful lady.
4. Taylor Swift – I never thought I would put her on the worst dressed list. Never in a million years! But sadly the day has come. Not your usual Taylor Swift get-up, but maybe that’s what she was going for? We prefer the shimmering and feminine dresses she typically wears. T. Swift is wearing Mary Katrantzou
5. Ariana Grande – Maybe you’ve got one more problem, Ariana. All. That. Leather. The Moschino leather get up is just not for you.
Photo credit: Toronto Sun and Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images for MTV