The 2014 Billboard music awards not only boasted some sizzling hot entertainment, but also fierce red carpet fashion. There was everything from grunge to dapper dudes and timeless classic beauty. Even the most loudest rappers were subdued in their vintage fashion sense for the night while the evergreen beauties stayed just that.
My best dressed list for the night were
1. Jennifer Lopez – Looking as perfect as always wearing a gorgeous Donna Karen gown in a crimson red, her hair flawlessly pinned back with picture perfect curls, Jenny from the block is no longer your average girl! She looked stunning from each angle and her makeup couldn’t have been done any better. Of course she had her signature hip high slit showcasing her ever toned legs.
2. Carrie Underwood – Carrie Underwood has repeatedly made my best dressed list. The reason – she dresses in the most stylish and sophisticated manner and she exudes pure class! Her Oriett Domenach neon green gown with full bodice embroidery was no exception. Neon green is a tough color to pull off but she made it look regal on the red carpet. My only complaint – I would change the hairstyle more to suite her age and give her a different color lipstick. One neon color per ensemble is enough.
3. Miranda Lambert – Miranda was wearing the hottest color of the season – Hot pink. Like her fellow country singer counterpart, she too was courageous to go bold in her Georges Hobeika dress but it did not fail her! She looked poised, sophisticated and well put together. The sheer fabric added a hint of intrigue and sex appeal. Go Miranda you have earned yourself this badge and are allowed to flaunt your body after the transformation.
4. Kesha – It seems that she took away the $ from her name and with went out any hint of grunge and raw fashion choices. She had amazed me time after time at the last few red carpet events and I can say I am very pleasantly surprised. I like the new, cleaned up and classy Kesha. I am not saying I want her music to change, but the fashion choices are working great for her! She pullled off a cla$$y look wearing a strapless, mermaid gown with lace and tulle overlay, showing off her delicate side. Her simple updo extenuated the large bow on the back of her gown. Could this be a new style for Kesha?
5. Iggy Azalea – Iggy Azalea rocked a Zuhair Murad Pre-Fall 2014 gown to the Billboard Music Awards and couldn’t have done it better. The newest rapper on the scene paired this beautiful gown with subtle make up, soft pink lips, and minimal jewelry. Way to make a statement, Iggy! I think if all these new rappers want to keep their over the top talents in their work and simplify their fashion, I am perfectly fine with that.
6. Shakira – “Empire” was not the only thing hot and sizzling about Shakira for the night. Her blue Julien MacDonald number came pretty close. Figure hugging tight silhouette with metiuclously placed beads for added sensuality is just what this Colombian beauty would wear. Her Long tresses finally back and perfectly curled and her makeup minimalist made this a singer a “hot mama” choice for the night.