- Asheville: If you are a fan of being outdoors or drinking beer, this is the place to visit. Besides all the hiking spots and local bars and shops, there is so much to do, such as visiting the Biltmore Estate and its winery, or going through the Pinball Museum.photo credit: expertvagabond.com
- Charlotte: This is a great city to visit with family. Some top attractions include the Carrowinds theme park, Carolina’s Aviation Museum, the NASCAR Hall of Fame and Freedom Park. Visit and enjoy watching NASCAR or the Carolina Panthers NFL team.photo credit: fortune.com
- Boone: This is a college town that has several quaint shops and amazing mountain views. For those of you who are athletic types, it’s only a 30-minute drive from Sugar Mountain Ski Resort. There are also several mountains right outside of the town, such as Grandfather Mountain that you can hike up.photo credit: ourstate.com
- Wilmington: Whether you are young or old, there is much to do in Wilmington. You can relax on the beach and enjoy the weather, or swim and play in the water. It also has a nice downtown area with several vintage shops and local restaurants.photo credit: wilmingtonandbeaches.com
- New Bern: Anyone who loves history or culture will absolutely love this town! There are several historic attractions such as Athens Theater and the Masonic Temple. Also, there is the famous Pepsi Cola Museum, since New Bern is the birthplace of Pepsi Cola.photo credit: geotg.com
Weekend Getaways in North Carolina
Hello ladies! No matter where you’re from in NC, we know you’re excited for any long weekend! Did you know that Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday this year? So take some time off and either visit the mountains or the beach. Here are 5 unique and fun spots to visit in North Carolina.